Thursday, July 14, 2011

Psalm I

I.
 
Eternal Adonai,
   Great Yah how long?
Will I contend with this forever?
When can I breathe? When can I
     just take a moment to have some peace?
The constant burning,
    the consistent yearning to just freely
    engage and finally quench these flames.
    I feel if just one of them
    would lay eyes on me, if one of them
    would gravitate toward me;
Perhaps this burning would quickly
    become cooling embers.
Abba Yah, can you please provide me
    with relief?
Give the balm that will hasten healing; the
    salve that will remove these feelings.
Provide surcease Abba El, then my enemies;
    my soul and Adversary wont have the upper hand.
However I will suck it up
      and begin to do more than hear your torah,
but, I will apply it until I become it.
You have been the Guide of my Youth
                               (Aluf Neurim);
Your hands have been re-shaping my soul, restoring
 and
 Bringing me to a place of established sobriety.




©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment